Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Still missing ..

http://sunpoliceline.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/search-for-leo-coutu-continues/ the search for Leo Coutu continues. No 'formal' search is planned for Tuesday (the one week anniversary of Leo's disappearance) or for Wednesday (the Fourth of July). Armed with all the information I could find about Leo, I set out to started out to find him with my search party consisting of Kristina, Scotty Baby and me. We discussed everything I had learned about Leo as we hit the road. He has a bum leg, and spent the last few hours mowing the lawn. A 22 year retired Corrections officer at a maximum security prison. I would be on my way for a cold brew somewhere. We trailed our way through the brush to the best closest choice for a cold one. Perhaps staggering to or fro and idly struck by a hot rod driving texting teen ... maybe; or perhaps at 49 he was taken by the heat and physical work of the day and sought out a cool spot to sit in the shade for a minute. We checked all the brush along the road to two near-by bars and found nothing. Stopped by residents to ask what we were looking for, I wished I had made copies of the poster. I was shocked that so few people knew he was missing. No one had checked their own yards, even though there were clearly several 'short cut' paths worn through the back yards everywhere. We are doing our part. For all the times they didnt call to check in and made me worry, for all the strangers 'about their age' that I have stopped randomly on an early Sunday morning only to make them sit and call through the contacts in their cell phone to see if anyone went to a party and met someone of my child's name at it the night before, and for whatever motivates you to look for him. Leo, we'll find you. As your good friend Soucy says, "this is our community, we leave no man behind". This is our community. Be a part of it if you are in the area, or if you have every worried for an hour about where someone might be. I think its a good idea to do grid searches. They have had helicopters with infra-red and night vision, search teams made up of state police and comrade officers, and there are still people out there that dont even know he is missing. He is someone's Dad, someone's husband, and our community member. If you have seen him since Tuesday June 26 2012 call Dracut Police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers