Monday, July 16, 2012

Prayers for our Rwanda sisters & brothers

Our weekly shopping trip was tripley blessed this week when we ran into a vendor at the store bearing scores of the most beautiful handmade baskets and beads I have ever seen. A flood-gate of memories poured into my mind as I recalled the events of 1994. I was a single mother of 4 home schooling my children and alternating working odd jobs through the night. I can not recall a time that I had more trouble sleeping over an international crisis than that exhausting year when sleep should have found me easily.
The vivid images of men women and children floating by in a river of their own blood still haunts my memory, and probably those of the many brave photographers that made their way to our prayer chains. 'God bless RWANDA' and 'give her hope' rang like a mantra. Tears literally filled my eyes as they gazed upon the men and women, I believe, our prayers saved. The men and women who are now working in faith and hope to save their race, culture, and lineage. Support the salvation of a nation visit www.rwandapartners.org If you dont remember, if you like gory details, or if you were too young; google: rwanda 1994 mass murder images. God Bless Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers