Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deleting Jane Doe

Thank you to everyone who gave me the KUDOS on my recent purging; I am glad its given others the courage to do the same.

I revived my long neglected myspace website. As I watched some of my favorite video clips and read some of my favorite quotes, I felt my feathers unruffled and tail unfurl. There was nothing to do but stop and think about what it is that had me tensed over my keyboard for hours upon hours.

A decade a go, when myspace stole my heart I used the platform to connect with like minded people who were there to share, learn, teach, and experience global connections on a personal scale. I was the queen of the 'myspace hoes', and spoke of 'good friends' across the seas in 'real conversations' sharing wisdom from virtual gurus as if they were neighbors to gossip over. As the corporations moved in and sucked out the fun, and 'internet marketers' (I just call them spammers) tried to gain control over passions that happen beneath the roots of the grass in 'grass roots movements'. Once college student only FB came on the scene, the financial interest leveraged what was going on in 'on-line social' arenas and coined the phrase 'social marketing' that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of any serious branding expert. With the ba'gillions of twitter accounts out there we can see how 'deep' these connections go. 140 words or less. Little more than an advertisement.
Not very sociable at all.

Anyone who wants to socialize with me can find me on www.gemjin.com in my public chat. You can schedule readings with me both on and off the air, interact with my guests and show hosts and one another.

I have purged my social sites and they are once again relationship driven, based on to include only those who are as interested in my happiness as I am theirs. I feel a weight lifted, and my perspective balanced. We live in a fast-paced environment. Every click, every eye glance to a new screen, every minute we have THOSE MINUTES are precious.

People who don't care about what I'm interested or involved in don't get to take my time, focus, or eye off those who do.

It is called RECIPROCITY. Tune in to Joe Donlan & Lucy Diamond on Thursday nights and Friday Afternoons. Believe in the magic of your moments, believe in the power that comes with recognizing you have a CHOICE in what your heart TREASURES.
Stir the place in you where your courage comes from; the knowing what you deserve.

LDiamond
subscribe to this blog to read more of Lucy's Dime. Check our the YouTube user: MstrLucy or browse around some of Lucy Diamond sites: http://www.ChoiceTreasures.com
www.GemJin.com Radio www.misslucy.info and by all means, COMMENT BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers