Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finding our way in the dark


The darkness seems to have its cycles of usefulness in my life. I feel it come to the core of my being at times. The absolute of the unknown. Those that are close to me can see it happen, and recognize it deep within themselves. As a sensitive, and suffering from ptsd, it is, as everything, magnified; whether in darkness or in absence of.
What I have come to respect of the darkness is its ability to purify the existence of self. Nothing exists but that which absolutely is. Everything else is shed. Perception, judgment, awareness, and ego are all abolished in the darkness. I think that because I am human and mortal that these cycles I go through are not singular to me and that everyone else that is human must experience this too.
I think I am thankful for the light that darkness itself sometimes shines on me. For example, many believe people like me are victims, and thats why we have this 'emotional scar' that ptsd is. The fact is, we are survivors. Stronger than others that did not survive anyway. Those hours of darkness 'proved me', purified me, taught me to be 100% true to myself. Purified of all falsehood.Reaching deep into the true self.
Some people run on longer and shorter cycles, but I believe generally we run on the cycles of the seasons. I know for me it starts around November. I begin to let go of everything I have created, accomplished or established, and run a low grinding energy of assimilation to whatever the years changes might bring Right after my birthday in January I usually start to feel a bit of anticipation for the growth to come.
In between there, thats where the darkness finds me each year. It teaches me who I am and what I am here to do. In darkness there is nothin but me, and the truth. I think I find my way in darkness better when I embrace it. I hope you learn to embrace that darkness in you. Life is so much brighter.

If you have any thoughts on darkness I hope you will participate in this blog by commenting.
I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Heart in Hand
Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers